Sherry B is an Educational Consultant and Specialist Teacher who has committed to over 15 years in working with children, teachers and parents in various aspects of education and learning.
My qualifications include: Bachelor of Education, Master of Education Language and Literacy and an SSP Accredited Teacher.
As a mother of 3 young boys, two diagnosed with ASD, Sherry was driven to learn more about opening up their lives in order to embrace their individual learning, dependent upon their needs.
In doing so she has read and researched books and articles on neuroscience and the brains ability to continue to establish new connections based on the right learning environment. This lead her to investigate a variety of programs and practices which led her to become accredited in SSP.
Sherry B is now a SPELD Teacher and and SSP Accredited Teacher and is providing specialised sessions for children to improve their ability to enjoy learning in the aspect of reading, spelling and writing.
I will provide:
- Consultations with families
- Specialised learning sessions for children with learning difficulties
- Individualised assessment and programming
- Individual and small group sessions
- A fun and engaging, multi sensory approach to learning.
- A safe learning environment
- individualised inclusive support programs for children with specific learning needs, in aspects that are unique to them
- Advice and resources for parents and education providers
- Reports to teachers, schools and Allied Health Professionals and Agencies.
Why Use Sherry B Consultant & Specialist Teacher?
- Sherry B is a highly trained professional.
- Sherry understands what it is like to have a child with Special needs.
- Sherry B embraces continued learning and development for the best outcome for her clients.
- Each child deserves to find the key that opens the door to improve their learning journey.
- Sherry B spends significant time supporting educators, therapists and families throughout Brisbane.
- Sherry B frequently monitors and assess her clients and their progress to manage their positive learning outcomes.
- Sherry B can establish and maintain strong working relationships with referring and local professionals to help understand the child and to support parents.